[OKAIR] Policies regarding disclosure of course/teaching evaluations

Karla Oty koty at cameron.edu
Fri Feb 3 14:07:16 CST 2012

The Faculty Senate at Cameron University is considering writing a policy regarding the distribution of course/teaching evaluations.  In particular, they are concerned about recent inquiries on whether course/teaching evaluations are posted for public dissemination.  My understanding of the discussion is that although they would be in favor of posting summaries of groups of course/teaching evaluations, they do not believe that individual course/teaching evaluations and student comments should be posted for general distribution.

I was wondering if any of you know of any such policies on your campus, and, if you do, if you would be either willing to send me a link to the policy or the actual policy itself.

Thanks,

Karla

Karla J. Oty, Ph.D.
Director, Institutional Research, Assessment, and Accountability
Cameron University
2800 W. Gore Blvd
Lawton, OK 73505
(580) 581-2899