[OKAIR] ipeds spring

Karla Oty koty at cameron.edu
Thu Mar 28 09:02:52 CDT 2013

Isabelle,

We also include ITV courses and hybrid courses in our count of distance education as they seem to fit the definition below from IPEDS.

Karla

Education that uses one or more technologies to deliver instruction to students who are separated from the instructor and to support regular and substantive interaction between the students and the instructor synchronously or asynchronously.

Technologies used for instruction may include the following: Internet; one-way and two-way transmissions through open broadcasts, closed circuit, cable, microwave, broadband lines, fiber optics, satellite or wireless communication devices; audio conferencing; and video cassette, DVDs, and CD-ROMs, if the cassette, DVDs, and CD-ROMs are used in a course in conjunction with the technologies listed above.

Karla J. Oty
Director, Institutional Research, Assessment, and Accountability
Cameron University