[OKAIR] ipeds spring

Shawn Wakefield swakefield at mscok.edu
Thu Mar 28 11:18:44 CDT 2013

We count internet and ITV as distance education based on this definition of
"distance education" from IPEDS (HLC also uses this same basic definition):

"Education that uses one or more technologies to deliver instruction to
students who are separated from the instructor and to support regular and
substantive interaction between the students and the instructor
synchronously or asynchronously.

Technologies used for instruction may include the following: Internet; *one-way
and two-way transmissions through open broadcasts, closed circuit, cable,
microwave, broadband lines, fiber optics, satellite or wireless
communication devices*; audio conferencing; and video cassette, DVDs, and
CD-ROMs, if the cassette, DVDs, and CD-ROMs are used in a course in
conjunction with the technologies listed above."
From:
http://nces.ed.gov/ipeds/glossary/?charindex=D

Thanks.
*
*
*- - -*
*Shawn A. Wakefield*
Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness

Murray State College
One Murray Campus
Tishomingo, OK 73460
580.371.2371 ext 135
swakefield at mscok.edu

"Murray State College Provides Opportunities for Student Learning, Personal
Growth, Professional Success, and Community Enhancement"