[OKAIR] OK-AIR - Call for Proposals - Spring 2014 Conference

Eastwood, Matthew matthew.a.eastwood at occc.edu
Wed Feb 12 11:32:42 CST 2014

Notes from the Board:

It's been one cold winter so far this year, but rest assured in a few short months it will be spring again and with it comes warmer weather, longer days and the annual Spring OK-AIR Conference! We would like to thank everyone who contributed to the fall 2013 OK-AIR conference held at Oklahoma City Community College. Our attendees, presenters and conference hosts deserve a big thank you.  We had over 60 in attendance last fall, as well as some great presentations and discussions.  Overall, it was a very successful conference.
                The spring 2014 conference will be hosted by the University of Oklahoma on April 4th, 2014.  Details on the conference are now available at www.OK-AIR.org. Please note we have phased out our old website, so please bookmark the current link. We had lots of new faces at our most recent conference and we are looking forward to seeing everyone again this spring.  OKAIR conferences are great opportunities for networking as well as professional development.  As always, we would like to keep a friendly and informal tone at the conference this spring, so please consider submitting a proposal for presentation and share your victories, insights and concerns.  See you soon!
- Matthew Eastwood

Call for Proposals:

The Oklahoma Association for Institutional Research (OK-AIR) invites interested parties to submit one or more proposals for presentation at the spring 2014 Conference.  The theme for this fall will be the 'Changes in Institutional Research'. We'd like to have an afternoon of break-out sessions that deals with the variety of topics this theme presents for all of us.  So any submitted proposal will be greatly appreciated.  Additionally, we are excited to announce Dr. Karen Solomon, Vice President of Accreditation Relations with the Higher Learning Commission will be our keynote speaker for the morning. We are very excited to have her speak to our group.
                With a broad based theme for the spring conference, please feel free to submit a proposal on any topic that would be of interest to higher education professionals working in research, assessment, planning or any of the wide variety of functions that our attendees have gained experience.  We are a small and informal group of academic professionals and can gain much from each other's perspectives.  So even if you would like to submit a proposal to simply lead a group discussion on a topic relevant to you or your college, please do not hesitate to do so. It will be well received and appreciated by those in similar positions. Proposals will be due by Friday, March 7th.  To submit a proposal, please fill out the attached Word document and submit the proposal to:

Matthew Eastwood, OKAIR President

matthew.a.eastwood at occc.edu<mailto:matthew.a.eastwood at occc.edu>

(405) 682-1611 Ext. 7165 or (405) 830-2712

Matthew Eastwood, Institutional Research Analyst
Office of Institutional Effectiveness
Oklahoma City Community College
7777 South May Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73159

Email:  matthew.a.eastwood at occc.edu<mailto:matthew.a.eastwood at occc.edu>
Phone:  (405) 682-1611 Ext. 7165

A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation.   - Cicero