[Okepas] Welcome note from Cindy Brown

Brown, Cynthia cbrown at osrhe.edu
Fri May 31 15:01:11 CDT 2002

I want to personally welcome you to the OK EPAS (Oklahoma Educational Planning and Assessment System aka EXPLORE/PLAN/ACT) list serve.  You are a charter member of this list serve for one of two reasons:

*	You attended an OK EPAS Fall Workshop in the fall of 2001 and gave your email address.
*	You or someone at your school applied for an OK EPAS Extension Option in April 2002 and your email address was given as the contact.

If you do not wish to be a member of this list serve, let us know and we will be happy to remove your address from the list.  If you know of someone who would like to be added, please let us know and we will be thrilled to add their email address to our group.

We will be using this venue occasionally to bring you news, updates or reminders relative to EXPLORE/PLAN/ACT aka OK EPAS.  You are welcome to send ideas or questions to us for posting on the list serve as well.  We want to make this a valuable resource for all interested Oklahoma educators.

Now some news:
The OK EPAS Extension Option applications have been evaluated.  Because of budget and contract issues, we will be making official announcements of awards in early July.  As a reminder the Extensions included:

*	Practice ACT
*	Work Keys
*	Discover for Middle School
*	ACTive Prep

Official letters will be mailed to superintendents with an email notice to the listed contact person.  Those schools receiving the "Discover for Middle School" program will receive an email from ACT sometime before July 1.

Reminder:
Be sure to sign up for EXPLORE and PLAN before you leave for the summer.  If you can't locate the appropriate forms, just call Kathy Clarke, ACT-Austin, @ 512-345-1949.

If you have questions or would like technical assistance or professional development relative to OK EPAS, EXPLORE/PLAN/ACT, Curriculum Alignment, etc. please contact one of the Field Coordinators:

*	 North of I-40  -  Daniel Craig  (  <mailto:dcraig at osrhe.edu> dcraig at osrhe.edu)  405-306-1707  or  405-282-8259
*	South of I-40  -  Johnny Morrow  (  <mailto:jmorrow at osrhe.edu> jmorrow at osrhe.edu)  405-306-1706  or  580-482-6240

 I am also available to assist you.  You may contact me at cbrown at osrhe.edu; 405-225-9156.

Have a great summer,

Cindy

Dr. Cynthia N. Brown
Senior Coordinator for Student Preparation