[Okepas] Information about workshops

Nelson, Lisa lnelson at osrhe.edu
Thu Aug 11 16:03:29 CDT 2011

Hi Counselors,

I hope you are seeing a speck of light at the end of the tunnel (at
least for this week)!

I wanted to make sure that you are aware of the workshop that we have
for your teachers.

The following Professional Development on our website is for your
6th-12th grade teachers at your school, not for you counselors:

2012 EXPLORE/PLAN Data Training Workshops
EXPLORE/PLAN Data Training Workshops will be held in two locations in
2012: Jan. 16 at Seminole State College and Feb. 20 at Redlands
Community College, El Reno. Sign-in, coffee and snacks begin at 8 a.m.,
with the training taking place from 8:30-11:30 a.m.

For more information, download the flyer
<http://www.okhighered.org/epas/data-training-workshop.pdf>  (PDF, 55k).
Online registration
<http://www.okhighered.org/resources/EPAS-Data-Training-Workshop/>  is
available.

Please forward this to your 6-12th grade teachers (English, Math, Social
Studies, Reading and Science) or copy the flyer and encourage them to go
online and register.  At this workshop, they will learn what you learn
at our retreats and EPAS Data Training Workshops in the fall, all about
EPAS and how to use the data.

We scheduled this for your teachers to understand the EPAS data and to
help you get the word out to them.

I know you are back at school ready to go and want to make sure that you
sign up for everything, that's great! However, you will not be able to
attend the Jan. 16 or Feb. 20 Data Training Workshops. It is for
teachers only, if you are a teacher/counselor, you will get the
information you need at a counselor retreat and the EPAS Data Training
Workshop.

Please sign up, if you have not already, for a 2011-12 Counselor Retreat
and a 2011 Fall EPAS Professional Development Workshop.  These are the
workshops/retreats intended for you.  I wanted to also let you know, if
a retreat fills up, we have to offer it to those "new" counselors first.
If you have attended in the past year, you may get "bumped" because we
can only have a certain number of counselors at a retreat.  Sorry, we
just want to make sure all counselors are receiving the EPAS
information.

Please feel free to call or e-mail me if you have any questions.

Have a fantastic 2011-12 school year!

Lisa Nelson

Field Coordinator for Student Preparation

580.614.1328

lnelson at osrhe.edu

www.okhighered.org

"Tell me and I forget; show me and I remember; involve me and I
understand."    ~Anonymous