[Okepas] ACT EXPLORE, PLAN and Aspire

Brown, Cynthia (OSRHE) cbrown at osrhe.edu
Thu Jan 9 12:13:15 CST 2014

Happy 2014!! I hope you are warm and safe.

You deal with hot issues and burning questions constantly in your offices. I want to keep you well informed on the issues over which I have some jurisdiction:

1.     Explore and Plan WILL be provided to Oklahoma students in 2014-15 school year by the OK State Regents.  I know this is contrary to what some folks are saying but you and your students are my passion and I will not knowingly mislead you. ACT is doing this for Oklahoma.

2.     You will be able to order, administer and pay for Explore and Plan for grades other than 8th & 10th grades in 2014-15 as you are doing now. This includes EOI alternative testing, driver's license reading requirement, etc. (Thanks to Judy Trice, ACT, for getting this item confirmed this week!)

3.     The OSRHE Student Preparation Team continues to provide professional development related to using the Explore and Plan information to evaluate and focus teaching and learning in your schools. Please call us if we can assist you.
Matt Higdon
mhigdon at osrhe.edu<mailto:dcraig at osrhe.edu>
405.517.0301

Lisa Nelson
lnelson at osrhe.edu<mailto:lnelson at osrhe.edu>
580.614.1328

Thanks for all you do for Oklahoma's future,
Cindy

Cynthia Brown, Ed.D.
Director, Student Preparation
OSRHE