[Okepas] 2015-2016 is near!

Brown, Cynthia (OSRHE) cbrown at osrhe.edu
Thu Apr 16 10:15:33 CDT 2015

Please do not reply to this message!
If you have a question or comment, please address it to epas at osrhe.edu

OK Colleagues & Friends,

Happy Wednesday!!  We appreciate all you do.

The Student Preparation Team has scheduled eight workshops for this fall. We hope you will join us as we all work toward college and career readiness for all of Oklahoma's students.

The flyer is attached and registration is open at http://www.okhighered.org/epas/prof-dev.shtml.

On a related topic:
As you have likely heard or read, ACT is ending EXPLORE and PLAN and moving to an online assessment, ACT Aspire. The new assessment is simply beyond our budget at this time.
ACT is offering us EXPLORE and PLAN for the 2015-2016 at a significant price increase. Two big issues:

*      A significant price increase which we cannot afford.

*      It will be the exact same test as we have used this year.

o   This will make the PLAN invalid as an alternate EOI assessment for Algebra I and Biology I

For these reasons, we will be offering only EXPLORE to all private and public schools for the 2015-2016 school year.
We will be sending ordering instructions for EXPLORE within the coming weeks.

Lisa Nelson, Matt Higdon and I continue to be available for onsite professional development targeted specifically to your school and staff. Please let us know if one of us can assist you. Our contact information is available at http://okhighered.org/epas/.

Thanks for all you do,
Cindy

Cynthia Brown, Ed.D.
Director, Student Preparation