[Okepas] Lots of good questions

Brown, Cynthia (OSRHE) cbrown at osrhe.edu
Tue May 19 14:13:04 CDT 2015

My earlier note has generated several questions.

·      I thought EXPLORE and PLAN were gone.

o   Yes, you are right. ACT is providing a transition year using the same version of the test as this year at an increased price.

·      If we can't use PLAN for EOI Alternate, what can we use for Alg I and Biology?

o   It is my understanding from Melissa White that the State Department of Education is working to add other assessments including ACT Aspire to the EOI Alternate lists.

·      Can we order EXPLORE for other grades and pay for them?

o   It is my understanding that schools who are on the State Regents contract list may order EXPLORE for other grades. Our list includes all public and private schools who used EXPLORE last year.

·      Can we order ACT Aspire?

o   Absolutely, if you pay for it. The folks that can help you with that are:

§  Andrew Jopling andrew.jopling at actaspire.org<mailto:andrew.jopling at actaspire.org> and

§  Judy R. Trice Judy.Trice at act.org<mailto:Judy.Trice at act.org>
Stay safe,
Cindy