[Okepas] OK EPAS EXPLORE / PLAN Scholars

Brown, Cynthia (OSRHE) cbrown at osrhe.edu
Thu Apr 7 16:25:20 CDT 2016

I hope this note finds you well and not yet too stressed over the challenges that face you in the coming weeks.

I've had a few calls and emails about the OK EPAS Scholars Certificates. I'm sad to say that those are no longer available. As you know, ACT are no longer offering the EXPLORE and PLAN assessments. We were able to provide some assessments this year but could not afford to purchase the data file for the Scholars Certificates.

You certainly may choose to honor the students. The program was based on the ACT research which established the EXPLORE, PLAN and ACT benchmarks which predict college readiness. I have included that information here:

EXPLORE

PLAN

ACT

English

13

15

18

Mathematics

17

19

22

Reading

16

18

22

Science Reasoning

18

20

23

I should also take a moment to explain that there was other research that was done to identify what EXPLORE and PLAN scores predict a score of 19 on the ACT. That chart is below.

EXPLORE

PLAN

ACT

English

14

16

19

Mathematics

15

17

19

Reading

14

15

19

Science Reasoning

15

16

19

As always, thanks for the vital work you do with Oklahoma's young people. You can be among the most important influences in a student's life.

Thanks,
Cindy

Cynthia Brown, Ed.D.
Director, Student Preparation

"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts." - C. S. Lewis