[OkStudentPrep] FAFSA and College Application Week Information

Nelson, Lisa lnelson at osrhe.edu
Fri Aug 23 07:30:42 CDT 2019

Good morning! OCAP has two exciting college access initiatives to tell you about.
* Just this week, the Oklahoma College Assistance Program (OCAP) announced a new FAFSA promotional tool designed to introduce the FAFSA, addressing basic questions such as "What is it?" and "Why should I submit one?" We hope that this simple tool will help to ensure that high school seniors will see the importance of completing the FAFSA before it becomes available October 1. If you're not able to print a copy of the FASFA flyer<http://ucango2.org/publications/fafsa/FAFSA_Intro_Flyer.pdf> for each senior, please consider posting a few copies around the school. You may also want to share the information during a senior meeting or assembly.  Contact the OCAP Outreach Team:  405.234.4239 | 866.443.7420 (toll free) if you have questions.
* Have you registered your school for College Application Week<https://www.ocap.org/caw/> (CAW)? So far, participating schools have reported that over 7,500 seniors will have the opportunity to submit at least one online college application during CAW. Here are some frequently asked questions:

What if I'm unable to host CAW during the 'official' week of September 23-27, 2019?
     Feel free to schedule your CAW any week from now through November 29, 2019.
What if I'd rather not plan a whole week's worth of activities?
     CAW activities can be scheduled for only one day if that's what works out best for your school. Plan for one day, or any amount of days during your designated week. The major objective is to ensure that every senior is
     given the chance to submit an application.
What if I'm from a GEAR UP school?
     If your school is receiving GEAR UP IV grant funds, contact your GEAR UP program coordinator. You do not need to register for OCAP's College App Week.
Where do I start?
     Register and find all the planning resources you need at OKCollegeAppWeek.org<https://www.ocap.org/caw/>. Enrolled participants will receive free promotional posters, and an 'I Applied' sticker for each senior who submits an online application.
     There are three conference calls scheduled for participants who'd like to ask questions or share their success with others. Click the call you'd like to join below. You'll receive a reminder and instructions for joining the call
     a week before your call.

           Thursday, Sept. 5, 1:00 pm<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/R83QQQ6>

            Wednesday, Sept. 11, 10:00 am<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RLTD5LL>

          Tuesday, Sept. 17, 10:00 am<mailto:Tuesday,%20Sept.%2017,%2010:00%20am%0d%0bQuestions?%0bContact%20the%20OCAP%20Outreach%20Team:%20%20405.234.4239%20|%20866.443.7420%20(toll%20free)%20|%20UCanGo2 at ocap.org%0b%0b%0d>
Questions?
Contact the OCAP Outreach Team:  405.234.4239 | 866.443.7420 (toll free) | UCanGo2 at ocap.org