[OkStudentPrep] Invitation to the Prospective Teachers Academy - Friday March 8

Nelson, Lisa lnelson at osrhe.edu
Mon Feb 25 16:14:49 CST 2019

The Prospective Teachers Academy provides an in-depth look at the path through the teacher education program at UCO.  The goal is to help incoming freshman save time, money and feel more in charge of their educational journey.
*        Provides cost-free workshops regarding Teacher Education to Oklahoma high school juniors and seniors from all over the state.
*        Develop relationships with faculty and staff within the College of Education and Professional Studies.
*        Provides Teacher Education information, a complimentary lunch, t-shirts, and books that aid in college success and inspire teaching.
*        Equips participants with a notebook containing resource materials, flash drive, and promotional items designed to encourage further exploration of teacher education.

Hello TEACH and LEAD Teachers,

Please take a few minutes and share this information with your students, counselors and other individuals you believe may help identify students who may benefit from this event. This event is sponsored by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education through a grant in an effort to identify and assist students interested in teaching as a career.

Oklahoma is needing trained teachers and you are on the front lines of identifying students who may be interested in the career of teaching.  You are NOT required to attend with your students, they may sign up on their own. But they  may need your encouragement! UCO and more specifically our College of Education and Professional Studies is invested in helping our future teacher candidates be successful in their education program.

We do love having GROUPS!
Seating is limited and this opportunity will be opened to all UCO prospective students in a few days.

I have attached a flyer about the Prospective Teachers Academy that you can share with interested individuals.

Students may register at this link, and it is also in the flyer.

http://sites.uco.edu/ceps/tes/Prospective-Teachers-Academy/index.asp

Teachers Save Lives Every Day,

Susan C. Scott, Ed.D.
Professor
Educational Sciences, Foundations and Research
College of Education and Professional Studies
University of Central Oklahoma
405.974.5425   sscott at uco.edu<mailto:sscott at uco.edu>