[OkStudentPrep] Announcing New ACT Test Options, Starting Next School Year (Fall 2020)

Nelson, Lisa lnelson at osrhe.edu
Wed Oct 9 20:16:33 CDT 2019

On behalf of my colleagues at ACT, I have exciting news to share about new options that will give students more choices with the ACT test starting next school year.

We are introducing three new options beginning with the September 2020 national test date designed to offer students more flexibility, a better testing experience and greater opportunities to succeed:

*       ACT Section Retesting
For the first time in the 60-year history of the ACT test, students who have taken the test will be given the choice to retake individual ACT section tests (English, math, reading, science or writing), rather than the entire ACT test.
*       Online Testing/Faster Score Results
Students will, for the first time, have the option of online or paper testing on national test days at ACT test centers.  Online testing offers faster results - as soon as two business days.

*       ACT Superscoring
For students who have taken the ACT test more than once, ACT will report a superscore showing the best scores from all test administrations (and full test score). Many colleges superscore for admission and scholarship decisions, and this is a great way to show a student's best scores, rather than scores from just one sitting.

The ACT test itself will not change. Based on 60 years of research, it will continue to measure what is taught in the classroom and remain the same valid, reliable indicator of college readiness. ACT is simply offering new options for taking the test and reporting the results.

If you'd like additional details about these new options, please see the attached press release and be sure to visit us online at act.org/newfirsts<http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/more-choices-for-the-act-sept-2020.html?cid=email:internal:september-2020-project-k12-b2c:dc_3030-internal-organic-100819-mr012743-state-orgs&utm_medium=email&utm_source=internal&utm_campaign=september-2020-project-k12-b2c&utm_content=dc_3030-internal-organic-100819-mr012743-state-orgs>, where you can also send us questions and sign up to receive updates as we approach the rollout of these new options next year.

We appreciate your interest and ongoing support as we pursue our mission by introducing new ways to help people achieve education and workplace success.

Best Regards,

Suzanne

Suzanne Conquest
Senior Director
Client Relations
500 ACT Dr.  |  Iowa City, Iowa 52243-0168
319.337.1439  |  mobile 319.855.2968
suzanne.conquest at act.org<mailto:suzanne.conquest at act.org>  |  Get social. Follow us.<https://www.act.org/content/act/en/social-media-resources.html>

[cid:image001.png at 01D57D1C.C9176E90]