[OkStudentPrep] PREACT ordering

Nelson, Lisa lnelson at osrhe.edu
Tue Sep 3 09:09:16 CDT 2019

Good morning,
The OSRHE Student Preparation Team is providing the 10th grade PreACT for all public and private schools.  The DTC should have received the PreACT email below the afternoon of August 16.

Information regarding the PreACT:

     *   The testing window is September 9 through November 22.
     *   You should click on the PreACT funded through the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education when ordering.
     *   When you order your tests, you need to order the accommodations at the same time for your special education students.  We ask that you assess all students with the PreACT; however, we leave it up to the school districts regarding testing your special education students.  Please remember they have the capability to attend college too.
     *   Please click  “I agree to terms and conditions” and the “Place order” button.  You will receive a confirmation number when done correctly.
     *   Write down your confirmation number in case they do not arrive when you expected them.  ACT can track them with this number.

     *   Complete the pre-administration part with the students during a class period the day before you test.  It will take about an hour.
     *   Remember this is a practice ACT test.  Make it like an ACT so the students know what to expect when they take it.

When you return your answer documents:

  *   DO NOT THROW AWAY ANY OF YOUR TEST BOOKLETS!  KEEP THEM!
  *   Please remember to write your tracking number down so your tests can be tracked when you send them back to be scored.
  *   You will receive your educator reports and your student reports within 2 weeks once ACT receives them.  They are to be sent back by FedEx.

We hope to see you at a Fall Workshop this month!

Lisa Nelson
Director of Student Preparation
lnelson at osrhe.edu<mailto:lnelson at osrhe.edu>
www.okhighered.org/student-prep<http://www.okhighered.org/student-prep>
Office:  405.225.9257
Cell: 580.614.1328

“It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.” ~Albert Einstein

[http://image.operations.act.org/lib/fe3d157075640478771678/m/1/c4df6360-cd42-454c-bff7-d6278fc2739f.png]

PreACT Fall 2019 Oklahoma State Testing
https://www.act.org/stateanddistrict/oklahoma<http://click.operations.act.org/?qs=534b15a91c5b41ae95c961642ceaa6db1b25378a111703b3d1e594aaeb189279d116dbe5e0c811dd550099cafeafdbbeb75639ab94f3bc64>

________________________________
To: District Test Coordinator
Cc: School Test Coordinator

Role responsible for this activity: District Test Coordinator
________________________________
Hello,

This email provides an overview of the PreACT® test, including information specific to your testing program regarding accommodations, English learner (EL) supports, training webinars, score reporting, and ordering materials.
________________________________
Introduction

Here’s some background about PreACT. The test:

  *   Provides a review of academic progress in high school
  *   Measures knowledge and skills in four core areas: English, mathematics, reading, and science
  *   Provides an indicator of college and career readiness and acts as a predictor of performance on the ACT® test

________________________________
Schedule of Events

A PreACT Schedule of Events details the important dates and activities for your program, including information on:

  *   Testing window
  *   Material order and return dates
  *   Ordering test materials
  *   Training webinars
  *   Score reporting
You can view the schedule of events by clicking the PreACT Resources button on the PreACT website<http://click.operations.act.org/?qs=534b15a91c5b41ae579c85140020947c325c73dddfb241b6ec32f6c2a6c308baa0997c4273fed5921242b9ed825f6786c4d51118fcd2c84f> for your testing program, and clicking Schedule of Events (PDF).
________________________________
Accommodations and EL Supports

For PreACT, granting accommodations and/or English learner (EL) supports is a local (school) decision based on each examinee’s accommodations plan. PreACT accommodations do not need to be authorized by ACT.

Note: Use of accommodations on the PreACT test does not guarantee authorization of accommodations for the ACT test. For the ACT test, ACT must authorize test accommodations and English learner (EL) supports.
________________________________
When to Order Test Materials

The window for ordering PreACT test materials is August 16-November 1, 2019
________________________________
How to Order Test Materials

District Test Coordinators will order PreACT test materials by selecting the College and Career Readiness Information System (CCRIS) link from the PreACT website<http://click.operations.act.org/?qs=534b15a91c5b41ae579c85140020947c325c73dddfb241b6ec32f6c2a6c308baa0997c4273fed5921242b9ed825f6786c4d51118fcd2c84f> for your testing program.

These additional resources are available in the Configuration section of the PreACT website to help you order materials:

  *   PreACT Ordering Instructions (pdf)
  *   PreACT Ordering Instructions (video)

________________________________

We look forward to working with you this school year.

Please contact us if you have questions.

Sincerely,
The PreACT Team

ACT Customer Care
Email: preact at act.org<mailto:preact at act.org?subject=>
Phone: 877.789.2925
TDD for hearing impaired: 319.337.1524

©2019 by ACT, Inc. All rights reserved.     EM10012OKF.CJ1119
500 ACT Drive, Iowa City, IA 52243