[OkStudentPrep] Continuing Concurrent Enrollment

Nelson, Lisa lnelson at osrhe.edu
Mon Jan 13 15:16:52 CST 2020

Good afternoon,
I just want to remind schools about talking with your students regarding Concurrent enrollment.  Concurrent enrollment is a very good idea for a variety of reasons; however, each student should be warned about possible ramifications.  Here are just a few things:  The work is totally different from high school - their semester grade could possibly come from only 2 tests, that grade follows them to college and beyond; they need to know how to study, learn to work on their own(disciplined) and be responsible; if they make below a 2.0 GPA in their concurrent college course, they cannot take another concurrent college course during high school-just to name a few.

Please take time to read our concurrent enrollment policy and the other attachments regarding concurrent enrollment. We will be sharing a parent quick glance with you soon.
I have highlighted the portion regarding Continuing Concurrent Enrollment in our policy, page 4, since students will be wanting to enroll in concurrent courses next semester if they are a junior; please share this with parents and students.

Classes taken concurrently may not effect scholarships but they likely will effect Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).  Students must be cautioned about poor grades or poor completion rates in these classes.  If a student gets a "D" in one course, that grade will follow them and they may find themselves in a probationary financial aid status immediately upon becoming a regular college student; they will need to speak with the financial aid office at the college of their choice.

Have a good day!

Lisa Nelson
Director of Student Preparation
lnelson at osrhe.edu<mailto:lnelson at osrhe.edu>
www.okhighered.org/student-prep<http://www.okhighered.org/student-prep>
Office:  405.225.9257
Cell: 580.614.1328

"The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can." ~Neil Gaiman