[OkStudentPrep] College Application Week 2020

Nelson, Lisa lnelson at osrhe.edu
Thu Sep 10 08:08:01 CDT 2020

Greetings, High School Counselors!
College Application Week (CAW) 2020 is a nationwide effort sponsored by the American College Application Campaign. Each year, schools have the opportunity to host their own unique CAW to encourage high school seniors to submit at least one online college application during their designated week.
The 'official' week for this year's CAW is September 21-25; however, if that week doesn't work for you, you're free to choose any week you wish, September through November. You're not required to have special activities every day of the week; the main goal of CAW is to give every high school senior the opportunity to apply to a college during school hours while knowledgeable volunteers are standing by. Some schools host a College Application Day if they're not able to plan for a whole week.
Here are some things you should know as you begin your College App Week preparations:

  *   Complete the 2020 College App Week Registration Survey<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CAW20> to enroll your school. Schools who register for CAW will receive a free 'I Applied' sticker for each student who participates, as well as free posters to promote the event. Schools holding their events virtually can take advantage of our online promotional materials or request the printed materials when they register.
  *   After you register, you'll receive an invitation to attend one or more of our three planned Zoom meetings to be held Tuesday, August 25; Thursday, September 3; or Tuesday, September 8-all at 10:00 a.m.
  *   Visit OKCollegeAppWeek.org<https://www.ocap.org/caw/> to view all of the great materials available to use in your college access efforts. Be sure to check out the Event Coordinator Packet to find helpful preparation checklists and suggested activities to be held before, during and after your CAW.
  *   We've brought back information about application fees at most of the public and private colleges and universities in Oklahoma. Look for the list of fees in the Event Coordinator packet at OKCollegeAppWeek.org<https://www.ocap.org/caw/>. Some colleges may still be submitting this information to the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, so the information we publish in our materials will show the application fees that applied to the 2019-2020 academic year.
  *   Enlist as many volunteers as you can. High school juniors involved in student government can play a big part. Be sure to have one or more volunteers posted in the computer lab, classroom or media center to collect information as the students complete their applications.
  *   Don't forget to complete your Exit Survey<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CAWExit2020> when CAW is over. The information you report will be compiled and submitted to the American College Application Campaign in December and will automatically qualify your school as a candidate for Oklahoma's CAW 2020 School of Excellence Award. This gives you an opportunity to brag on your school and help Oklahoma shine bright in the national spotlight.

Do you have questions about College Application Week? Please feel free to contact Letha Huddleston lhuddleston at ocap.org<mailto:lhuddleston at ocap.org> or Kelli Kelnar kkelnar at ocap.org<mailto:kkelnar at ocap.org>.