[OkStudentPrep] Student Preparation Fall Workshop information, in-person and virtual; Register for an overnight conference!

Nelson, Lisa lnelson at osrhe.edu
Mon Aug 30 11:52:42 CDT 2021

Good morning,
In case you have not heard, we are having 8 non-metro locations in person for our Student Preparation Fall Workshops. We have canceled the two metro locations, NSU-Broken Arrow and RSC-Midwest City-those will be virtual. Our first in-person begins Wednesday, September 1, at NEO A&M, Miami.

In-Person Student Preparation Fall Workshop information:

  1.  To register for an in-person workshop, please visit https://okhighered.org/student-prep/.
  2.  You will not receive a confirmation email for this registration, please add to your calendar.
  3.  Registration closes one week prior to workshop, please register early; we need a count for the continental breakfast provided by ACT.
  4.  Dates/location and agenda attached - Revised 2021 Student Preparation Fall Workshops.
  5.  We ask that everyone social distance and masks are strongly encouraged.

Virtual Zoom Student Preparation Fall Workshop information:

  1.  There will be 2 Virtual Student Preparation Fall Workshops, same information only on different days, from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm with breaks
  2.  Sept 2, 2021 Student Preparation Fall Workshop by zoom
Register in advance for this meeting: https://onenet.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMsdO6spzIrGNzm8uLl6HXEBepkc0Kv4urQ
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

  1.  Sept 14, 2021 Student Preparation Fall Workshop by zoom, same as the September 2 one
Register in advance for this meeting: https://onenet.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEuf-irqz8iG9FE4bSX_fIay9UR7KaZDb5-

  1.  If you register for a Virtual Student Preparation Fall Workshop, the recording will be sent to you.

If you are not comfortable or do not feel safe attending an in-person workshop, the zoom fall workshop is for you. The information will be the same so you will only need to register and attend one virtual zoom fall workshop. Information to be shared in person and by zoom will be OKPromise, OKcollegestart, ICAP, FAFSA, ACT, PreACT, concurrent enrollment, concurrent enrollment panel, conferences and more.

Student Preparation Overnight Conferences:

  1.  Register for a Student Preparation overnight conference, https://okhighered.org/student-prep/#spc.
  2.  Conference dates/location/agenda is attached, FY22 Conference Agenda 2021 2022.
  3.  Early bird registration fee of $165 pays for your lodging and meals. This is a professional development opportunity! It is for counselors, administrators and Indian Education Coordinators.
  4.  Registration closes one month before each conference date.
  5.  Have PO number ready in order to register; also accept checks/credit cards.
  6.  You will receive a confirmation email when you register.
  7.  We do have a limited number of attendees at each one, so please get registered. Everyone will have their own room and we ask that everyone social distance and strongly encourage wearing a mask.
  8.  Our first overnight conference is at Fin and Feather, near Gore, October 10 & 11.
  9.  Registration closes September 10 for that conference!

Please let us know if you have any questions regarding any of our events. We can’t wait to see you in person or by zoom!
Have a great day!
Lisa Nelson
Director of Student Preparation
https://okhighered.org/student-prep/