[OkStudentPrep] ACT January Updates from Tony Cortez

Nelson, Lisa lnelson at osrhe.edu
Fri Jan 29 08:15:49 CST 2021

Dear Educators,

I would like to take a moment to say thank you for your efforts to support your students. I also want you to know that we're here to help you during these challenging times. Outlined in this communication are several important updates that you may have missed. Please reach out to me if you have any questions.
PreACT
10th grade PreACT<https://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/preact.html> (provided by OSRHE)and PreACT 8/9<https://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/preact-8-9.html>(school districts have to purchase)  are great resources for identifying and addressing learning gaps.
You are welcome to join us February 3 from 1:00-2:00 where we will discuss the positive impact on college readiness outcomes<https://www.act.org/content/dam/act/unsecured/documents/pdfs/R1724-pre-act-efficacy-2018-10.pdf> in the area of academics and post-secondary exploration.
Click this link to register to attend the webinar on February 3:  Register Now<https://pages2.act.org/pre-act-with-preact.html?cid=email:marketo:bau-client-relations-marketing-support-k12-b2b:dc_1730-internal-organic-011921-mr018737-button&utm_medium=email&utm_source=marketo&utm_campaign=bau-client-relations-marketing-support-k12-b2b&utm_content=dc_1730-internal-organic-011921-mr018737-button>

MyACT
Beginning Spring 2021, all students will complete their non-test information, interest inventory (pre-administration portion) as well as access score reports in MyACT<https://my.act.org/account/signin?location=https://my.act.org>.
The non-test information functionality will be available in MyACT starting in mid-February. Please have students complete their non-test information (pre-administration portion) before they take an ACT; they will be able to send their 4 free college score reports.
The deadline for students to make changes to their non-test information (pre-administration portion) and to send their 4 free college score reports is 2 days after they have taken an ACT.
Test coordinators must supply students with a code located on the form called, Non-Test Instructions for student, which is in the materials shipment for state and district testing, so students can start the non-test section(pre-administration portion).
Students that have taken an ACT can log into MyACT<https://my.act.org/account/signin?location=https://my.act.org> to see their reports by using their ACT ID. They can obtain their ACT ID in the following ways:

  *   Test coordinators and counselors can look up their ACT ID in the online Reporting<https://success.act.org/s/topic/0TO1B000000UAtHWAW/online-reporting-getting-started>
  *   Students can view their ACT ID on paper reports that are mailed to them (3-8 weeks without writing and 5-8 weeks with writing).
  *   Students can call customer care at 319.337.1270 and customer care agents can provide their ACT ID after verification of the student's identity.
Resources for getting started in MyACT can be found here: MyACT (Student Reporting Portal)<https://success.act.org/s/topic/0TO4v000000DWikGAG/myact-student-reporting-portal>
The MyACT Quick Start Guide<https://success.act.org/s/article/MyACT-Quick-Start-Guide> is a great resource to help kids set up an account.

Online Reporting for your students' reports/labels/data
All of your student data including reports, aggregate data and the ability to print score labels is accessed through online reporting now. Superintendents from public institutions and private school leaders are the initial Trusted Agents in the system and were sent a letter with an access code for the online reporting system last fall. Please have you superintendent or private school leader fill out the Trusted Agent Information Form<https://pages2.act.org/trusted-agent.html> if they don't have an access code.
They must also create an account here: https://success.act.org/s/ in order to grant access to others-DTC, etc.
Please review the resources for online reporting below.
Getting Started for Trusted Agents<https://success.act.org/s/article/Getting-Started-in-Online-Reporting>
Requesting Access in Online Reporting (non-Trusted Agents)<https://success.act.org/s/article/Requesting-Access-in-Online-Reporting>
Understanding the Levels of Access<https://success.act.org/s/article/Summary-of-Online-Reporting-Access-Levels>

Test Accessibility and Accommodations (TAA)
I want to call your attention the process for accessing TAA and ensure you have the most recent information. When requesting accommodations, remember:
The TAA system is now accessed at http://success.act.org<https://success.act.org/s/>.
Existing TAA users must create an account using the same email address associated with their previous TAA account. After the accounts sync, the user will have the same access they previously had.
New TAA users must create an account and request TAA access through their organization's Trusted Agent. If there is no Trusted Agent for your organization, your superintendent or private school leader must complete the Trusted Agent Information Form<https://pages2.act.org/trusted-agent.html>
Updated TAA resources below.
How to access TAA<http://forms.act.org/acttraining/assets/ACT_How_to_create_their_accounts_in_order_to_request_accomodations_through_TAA/>
ACT Test Accessibility and Accommodations (TAA) Training Tutorial<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhnnNCrY3sk&feature=youtu.be>
Test Accessibility and Accommodations (TAA) User Guide (pdf)<http://www.act.org/content/dam/act/unsecured/documents/user-guide-test-accessibility-and-accommodations.pdf>
Warm regards,
Tony Cortez
Senior Account Executive
Client Relations
500 ACT Drive | Iowa City, Iowa 52243-0168
mobile 918-527-9948
tony.cortez at act.org<mailto:tony.cortez at act.org> |  www.ACT.org<http://www.ACT.org>

New FREE Online Assessment Planner<http://assessmentplanner.act.org/> from ACT - access today!
[OAP-footer]