[OkStudentPrep] Information re: PreACT, OKPromise, Do you have a plan for college, Counselor Resource Book, OK Academic Scholar, OCAP and graduation resources/crisis team phone number

Nelson, Lisa lnelson at osrhe.edu
Wed Oct 20 08:09:43 CDT 2021

Good morning,

I hope that you had a restful and relaxing fall break and you made it through giving the ACT tests! 😊 I thought I would share some information, hang in there it’s a lot!😊

Reminder, we, the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education (OSRHE), are paying for your 10th graders to take the PreACT.
The last day to order PreACT tests is October 29 (that is coming soon!) The testing window for the PreACT will end November 19!
Please do not hesitate to contact myself, lnelson at osrhe.edu<mailto:lnelson at osrhe.edu>, 405.225.9257, or Annette Long, along at osrhe.edu<mailto:along at osrhe.edu>, 405.225.9156, if you need help with ordering or if you have questions regarding the PreACT.
Oklahoma’s webpage regarding PreACT and ACT testing information: https://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/state-and-district-solutions/oklahoma.html

PreACT:

  *   Every bubble the student completes comes back to your school in a report.
  *   Complete the pre-administration portion the day before the test, (students will need their transcripts), tell every student to mark the “need help with postsecondary plans” (you’ll receive a report with all students’ scores)
  *   The pre-administration portion does not require a parent’s signature like the ACT.
  *   When you pack up the students’ answer documents, write down or take a picture of the tracking number that is on the white polymailer.
  *   Do not throw the test booklets away, share with your teachers!
  *   Remember Annette or I will present to your staff regarding your school’s PreACT data and to the students/parents regarding their score reports.
  *   10th grade PreACT: Last day to order is October 29; last day to test is November 19. We will walk you through ordering.

ACT:

  *   ACT College and Career Readiness Standards: https://www.act.org/content/act/en/college-and-career-readiness/standards.html
  *   Questions regarding the ACT-contact our new ACT Account Executive, Sherri Pankhurst, Sherri.Pankhurst at act.org<mailto:Sherri.Pankhurst at act.org>

OKPromise

  *   8th, 9th, 10th and 11th grade students can now apply for OKPromise, students have to meet requirements: https://www.okhighered.org/okpromise/student-requirements.shtml
  *   For an incomplete application, December 31 of the student’s senior year (prior to graduation) is the deadline
  *   Email for list of your students who are on OKPromise anytime:  okpromise at osrhe.edu<mailto:okpromise at osrhe.edu>
  *   Details about what high school courses count for OKPromise: https://secure.okcollegestart.org/College_Planning/Prepare_for_College/course_guidelines.aspx
  *   OKPromise curriculum worksheet: https://www.okhighered.org/okpromise/pdf/curriculum-worksheet.xlsx
  *   OKPromise FAQ’s: https://www.okhighered.org/okpromise/faq.shtml

Publications https://okhighered.org/students/publications/

  *   “Do You Have a Plan for College?”
8th  Through 10th Grade Students (PDF<https://lnks.gd/l/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJidWxsZXRpbl9saW5rX2lkIjoxMTQsInVyaSI6ImJwMjpjbGljayIsImJ1bGxldGluX2lkIjoiMjAyMTEwMDQuNDY4NTMxOTEiLCJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL3d3dy5va2hpZ2hlcmVkLm9yZy9zdHVkZW50cy9wdWJsaWNhdGlvbnMvMjAyMS1wZmMtOC0xMC5wZGYifQ.uX24aCzr3LzNwci4iuC5tEXpsfGOHYSB7MrqnHp3C1U/s/82238118/br/113325758056-l>)
High School Juniors and Seniors (PDF<https://lnks.gd/l/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJidWxsZXRpbl9saW5rX2lkIjoxMTUsInVyaSI6ImJwMjpjbGljayIsImJ1bGxldGluX2lkIjoiMjAyMTEwMDQuNDY4NTMxOTEiLCJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL3d3dy5va2hpZ2hlcmVkLm9yZy9zdHVkZW50cy9wdWJsaWNhdGlvbnMvMjAyMS1wZmMtMTEtMTIucGRmIn0.VAVMdG23NOI0hDvZ3TiWZqJP3whx2XnIYiHpHcuIdnA/s/82238118/br/113325758056-l>)

  *   2021-22 Counselors' Resource Book (PDF<https://lnks.gd/l/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJidWxsZXRpbl9saW5rX2lkIjoxMTYsInVyaSI6ImJwMjpjbGljayIsImJ1bGxldGluX2lkIjoiMjAyMTEwMDQuNDY4NTMxOTEiLCJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL3d3dy5va2hpZ2hlcmVkLm9yZy9zdHVkZW50cy9wdWJsaWNhdGlvbnMvMjAyMS0yMi1jcmIucGRmIn0.FrUv3NOLzEXpDafCTvKxhaZhmLvhLb7Ep318ny8XEOU/s/82238118/br/113325758056-l>)

Oklahoma Academic Scholar

  *   The 2022-2023 Academic Scholars application for automatic qualifiers (students qualifying from options 1 and 2 on the list below) is attached. The application is available online at www.okhighered.org/academic-scholars<http://www.okhighered.org/academic-scholars>.  2022 Oklahoma high school graduates may qualify for the program in one of three ways:
           1.  ACT/SAT Scores
               Students may qualify by scoring at or above the 99.5 percentile on the ACT or SAT.
    ACT:  For fall 2022, the required ACT score is a total sum score of the ACT subject areas of 138.
               SAT:  For fall 2022, the required SAT score is a total sum score of the critical reading and math subject areas of 1550.
            2. Nationally Recognized Awards
    Students may also qualify by achieving one of the following designations: National Merit Scholar, National Merit Finalist, or United States Presidential Scholar.
3. Institutional Nominee Slots
    Public colleges and universities may also nominate students attending their institution for the program based on criteria established by each institution.
     Questions? Contact Linette McMurtrey, lmcmurtrey at osrhe.edu<mailto:lmcmurtrey at osrhe.edu>

Oklahoma College Assistance Program
UCanGo2

  *   https://ucango2.org/ Scholarships, resources and publications for Kdg-12th grade
FAFSA

  *   Questions regarding FAFSA or College App Week, please contact Letha Huddleston, lhuddleston at ocap.org<mailto:lhuddleston at ocap.org>
  *   Oklahoma FAFSA Data Portal: https://okhighered.org/ok-fdp/
  *   http://www.startwithfafsa.org/
Oklahoma Money Matters

  *   https://www.oklahomamoneymatters.org/K-12/index.shtml, Contact Sara Lorenzen, slorenzen at ocap.org<mailto:slorenzen at ocap.org>
OKcollegestart

  *   Contact Sarah Sanders, ssanders at ocap.org<mailto:ssanders at ocap.org> or Theresa Shaklee, tshaklee at ocap.org<mailto:tshaklee at ocap.org>; Sent information out Wednesday afternoon

SDE Information:

  *   High School Graduation Resources: https://sde.ok.gov/achieving-classroom-excellence-resources
  *   Transcript Information: https://sde.ok.gov/sites/default/files/Transcript%20Guidance%20March%202020_0.pdf
  *   Subject codes: https://sde.ok.gov/sites/default/files/9-12%20Subject%20Codes%20%28revised%202_18_2021%29.pdf
  *   OSDE Crisis Team monitored 24 hours: 405.397.7180 https://sde.ok.gov/crisis-preparedness-response

Take care!
Have a great day!
Lisa Nelson
Director of Student Preparation
https://www.okhighered.org/student-prep/
Office: 405.225.9257
Mobile: 580.614.1328

“What we’re really talking about is cultivating human ability and human capacity. All of our kids and all of us have tremendous abilities. Whether they flourish depends on how they’re nourished.” ~ Sir Ken Robinson