[OkStudentPrep] Reminder-Asian American/Pacific Islander Convening April 29 free -registration required

Long, Annette along at osrhe.edu
Wed Apr 20 11:29:00 CDT 2022

Good morning,
Please see the event below.  K-12 educators (especially high school counselors) are encouraged to attend. It is a free, virtual, high quality event! Registration required.

Colleagues,

As a reminder, our Asian American/Pacific Islander Convening is scheduled for Friday April 29, 2022.  The event will be held via Zoom from 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m and is free for all attendees.

The purpose of the convening is to provide participants with high-impact practices for improving the educational experiences for AAPI student success, building an inclusive and engaged campus environment and creating pathways for fostering difficult conversations.  Our keynote speaker is Dr. Kathleen Wong(Lau), Chief Diversity Officer at San Jose State University.  Prior to San Jose State University, Dr. Wong(Lau) served as the Director of the Southwest Center for Human Relations Studies and the National Conference on Race and Ethnicity in Higher Education at the University of Oklahoma.  In addition, she designed and led the inaugural Freshman Diversity Experience for more than 5,000 students.  For more information on Dr. Wong(Lau), please see the attached bio.

We have an informative day planned and hope you will join the Reach Higher team, AAPI community leaders, higher education staff and current students for an in-depth discussion about postsecondary attainment within the AAPI community.

Please register at the link below and feel free to share this with others.  We hope to see you there!
https://onenet.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwqceGoqD8iEtJXa6hEv656YvXgdOb8Htht