[OkStudentPrep] Inspired to Teach - OK Future Teacher Scholarship Information

Long, Annette along at osrhe.edu
Tue Feb 14 11:28:02 CST 2023

Good Morning, Educators!

I am Jess Tucker, the Teacher Education Scholarships and Incentive Programs Coordinator for Oklahoma Teacher Connection (OTC) at the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education (OSRHE). I primarily administer the Oklahoma Future Teacher Scholarship & Employment Incentive Program ("Inspired to Teach").

As you have a direct connection to future Oklahoma teachers through your school districts, I wanted to make sure to introduce myself and provide information on the "Inspired to Teach" program you can share with your students. Students who qualify for "Inspired to Teach" can receive up to $25,500! The program is open to all Oklahoma high school graduates who declare an eligible program of study through one of our state's Educator Preparation Programs (EPPs) leading to a standard teaching certificate OR declare a major at a community college with an approved "Inspired to Teach" articulation agreement on file with an accredited Oklahoma teacher education program leading to a standard Oklahoma teaching certificate.

Eligible "Inspired to Teach" participants can receive up to $5,500 in scholarship awards ($1,000 for the first 3 years of study and $2,500 for the final year of study) and up to $4,000 for each year of teaching in a public PK-12 Oklahoma school district for up to five years (a potential total of $20,000 in employment incentive payments).

Each participating higher education institution has at least one "Inspired to Teach" Program Coordinator who facilitates the enrollment process for students. Current middle and high school students do not need to apply at this time-they will apply after graduating high school and entering postsecondary study.

I've attached a copy of our current informational flyer to distribute as you see fit, along with a copy of our application, FAQ document, and "Inspired to Teach" Institutional Program Coordinator list. Senior students completing the application can submit it to the Program Coordinator at the institution they plan to attend. Current high school seniors have until the start of the Fall 2023 semester to apply.

Please feel free to email me at: jtucker at osrhe.edu<mailto:jtucker at osrhe.edu> with questions about "Inspired to Teach." Students and parents can contact us at futureteachers at osrhe.edu<mailto:futureteachers at osrhe.edu> for more information. We will be launching a more robust marketing campaign for the program in Spring 2023, so stay tuned. Please let me know if I can assist you and/or your students in any way.

Thank you for all that you do for education in our state!
[cid:image002.png at 01D94067.65EE8580]
Jess Tucker
Coordinator, Teacher Education Scholarships & Incentive Programs
E: jtucker at osrhe.edu
P: (405)225-9359