[Okfdc] FW: Keep the Date: 2009 Oklahoma Higher Education Teaching and Learning Conference

James "Jym" Brittain brittaij at nsuok.edu
Fri Feb 6 08:23:24 CST 2009

Greetings,

I would like to personally invite OKFDC members to participate in the 2009
Oklahoma Higher Education Teaching and Learning Conference, celebrating the
theme Embrace Connections, Enhance Teaching, and Envision Learning. The
conference will take place April 2 and 3, 2009 on the beautiful Broken Arrow
campus of Northeastern State University. Join faculty-scholars who will
discuss teaching and learning topics ranging from using technology to
cooperative learning. Opportunities to meet and talk to the presenters are
provided throughout the conference. Join us as we celebrate innovative
educators from Oklahoma Higher Education institutions who embrace
connections, enhance teaching and envision learning.

We are pleased to announce that George Siemens will serve as the keynote
speaker for our 6th Annual conference. He is a well-known theorist on the
changing nature of learning in a digitally-based society. He is the author
of a widely cited article Connectivism: A Learning Theory for the Digital
Age and the book Knowing Knowledge - an exploration of the impact of the
changed context and characteristics of knowledge.

If there's sufficient interest, we can hold a Spring meeting at the
conference and unveil the By Laws.

Additional information regarding the conference can be found at our website,
http://www.teachingconference.org

Warm Regards,
Jym

cid:image001.jpg at 01C70705.D2AF4040

James "Jym" Brittain, M.S.
Director, Center for Teaching and Learning
Faculty member, College of Education
Northeastern State University
600 North Grand Ave., NET 618
Tahlequah, OK 74464
voice: 918.444.5859
fax: 918.458.2382
cell: 918.207.8743
http://ctl.nsuok.edu <http://ctl.nsuok.edu/>

This electronic mail transmission ("EMT") and any attached documents may
contain confidential and privileged information.  Such information is
intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom this EMT was
intended to be sent.  Any printing, disclosure, reproduction, distribution
or taking of action based on the information herein by other than the
intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.  If you believe you have
received this EMT in error, please notify me the sender by telephone or via
return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system.