[Okgrantsmanship] CAG - Grant Tools and Resources

Mason, Linda lmason at osrhe.edu
Wed Jan 8 17:25:55 CST 2014

Hi Joe and Amber, (and anyone else interested!!)

I encourage that before you purchase anything, you investigate the state contract for grant tracking with Agate Software, Inc. You can get a demo of it easily. I did arrange a demo for our grant program directors, and for the volume that the Regents get (2-5 grants per year), it was a little high in price. Right now each grant program does its own tracking with persons paid by the grants. So at this time, we are going to wait. If we win a higher volume of grants, maybe even just twice that number, we will reconsider. The state of Oklahoma has an initial contract through the Office of Management and Enterprise Services that pays the base fee, then your fees will be based on what you actually want to do and how many custom plans are made for you.

There is a good overview of it on the OCAST website under OKGrants.

You can contact Mark Watters by phone at  (517) 336-2536 office or (517) 230-8696 cell or by email at mwatters at agatesoftware.com<mailto:mwatters at agatesoftware.com>. He can give you all the information you will need by phone and computer interaction.  The website is www.IntelliGrants.com<http://www.IntelliGrants.com>.

These state agencies now use the software and any of the contact persons would be happy to talk to you about their version of the software and what they pay and what they get for what they pay.

OCAST, 405-319-8410 - Tessa North
District Attorneys Council - VOCA, 405-264-5006 - Stephanie Lowery
District Attorneys Council - All other grants, 405-264-5008 - DeLynn Fudge
Oklahoma Dept. of Commerce, 405-815-5267 - Kathy Gain
Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust (TSET), 405-521-3884 - Sharon Neal
Oklahoma Highway Safety Office (OHSO), 405-523-1583 - Jay Wall

Dr. Linda Mason
Coordinator of Grant Writing
405-225-9486 desk
405-706-8757 cell
405-225-9230 FAX
lmason at osrhe.edu<mailto:lmason at osrhe.edu>
www.okhighered.org/grant-opps/<http://www.okhighered.org/grant-opps/>

Do not be afraid to give your time to writing grant proposals. Time given to planning proposals is never time lost, but is rather time gained, so that our research, our programs, our collaborations and indeed our whole profession may become more profoundly significant.