[Reierson-parents] updates

Rhonda Reierson rreierson at stratford.k12.ok.us
Thu Mar 27 11:45:00 CDT 2014

Thanks to all of you for the congratulations for our new granddaughter Maya.
She is 6lbs. 8oz of perfection! Thanks to all of you as well for the prayers
for our daughter Bre who was again in the hospital fighting a septic kidney
infection. She is better and the baby is also doing much better ( Maya has
severe acid reflux and they have put her on medicine) It has been a bit of a
rough go for all of us , but I am hopeful we are on the mend now. I have
attached pictures of the baby for you just because I KNOW you want to see
her  J

We are nearing the time for our state tests. We will be spending time
reviewing the concepts for our tests. Some of our 7th grade time will be
devoted to helping students prepare for the math & reading test since
science is not a tested subject in 7th grade. 8th graders will be reviewing
science concepts. All students will be going over test taking strategies.

All students will have a test next Tuesday over academic vocabulary.
Students will also have to name Newton's 3 laws of Motion.

Newton's First Law of Motion

Newton's First Law of Motion states that an object in motion tends to stay
in motion unless an external force acts upon it. Similarly, if the object is
at rest, it will remain at rest unless an unbalanced force acts upon it.
Newton's First Law of Motion is also known as the Law of Inertia.

Newton's Second Law of Motion

Newton's Second Law of Motion states that when a force acts on an object, it
will cause the object to accelerate. The larger the mass of the object, the
greater the force will need to be to cause it to accelerate. This Law may be
written as force = mass x acceleration or:

F = m * a

Newton's Third Law of Motion

Newton's Third Law of Motion states that for every action, there is an equal
and opposite reaction.