[Sa-rfp] Summer Academy funding

Brown, Cynthia (OSRHE) cbrown at osrhe.edu
Mon Jul 12 14:13:56 CDT 2010

As you know this is the time of year that we publish our Summer Academy
RFP for new grants.  Unfortunately, because all of our available funds
are committed to the 2nd and 3rd year of the new academies awarded in
December 2009 there will not be an RFP this year.  This affects the
Academies currently in the third year of the grant award as well as
others who had hoped to apply this year.

Unless new funds are allocated for FY 2012 or current academies are not
able to fulfill the terms of their grants there will not be an RFP next
summer either.  The most likely scenario is that we will not have a
Summer Academy RFP until July 2012 for FY2013 through FY2015.

I am available for any questions you might have,

Cindy

Cynthia Brown, Ed.D.
Director of Student Preparation

"What if we had fail-safe schools that treated the failure of a single
child as equally tragic as a nuclear meltdown, chemical spill, or an
airplane crash?"
"Three Musts for Bolstering Student Achievement" by Vicki Urquhart in
Changing Schools, Summer 2008 (Vol. 58, p. 1-2)