[Cobo] FW: Payments to State Agencies

LeFlore, Bobby bleflore at osrhe.edu
Tue Jan 20 16:09:21 CST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Julie.Dvorak at osf.state.ok.us [mailto:Julie.Dvorak at osf.state.ok.us]
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 2:35 PM
To: LeFlore, Bobby
Subject: Payments to State Agencies

----- Forwarded by Julie Dvorak/OSF/US on 01/20/2004 02:34 PM -----

                      jeanie.robards at osf.state
                      .ok.us                          To:       core-general at youroklahoma.com
                      Sent by:                        cc:
                      owner-core-general at youro        Subject:  Payments to State Agencies
                      klahoma.com

                      01/20/2004 02:12 PM

Communication Liaison:

Message for Accounts Payable users

      1)  Will we not get any notification that the voucher payments were
      wired, other than running a Voucher Inquiry Report?
      2)  How does the agency know whether they will get a check or if they
      are paying by wire?

      Diana Mathis, Controller
      Oklahoma Energy Resources Board

1)    On the receiving agency, there is an Interagency Payment report that
   shows the payments they received from other state agencies and tells
   them if it was a wire or a check.

2)    For EDT agencies, there is an indicator in the file that they mark
   with an 'I' if it is to be paid by wire.  If they mark the 'I', they
   will pay by wire unless the agency is not set up to receive a wire at
   any location.  The 'I' will override the receiving agency's election to
   receive a check if they are set up to receive a wire on any location.
   The only ones marked with an 'I' they may get a check on would be an
   agency that did not have a wire location at all.

   For On-line agencies, they can tell from the payment tab if it will be a
   wire or a check.  The agency's default will determine whether it is a
   wire or a check unless the paying agency overrides it.

Jennie Pratt, Accounting Supervisor
Office of State Finance
State of Oklahoma
405-962-2422