[Cobo] FW: Request For Public Assistance (RPA) - FEMA-1876-DR-OK and FEMA-1883-DR-OK

Mauck, Sheri smauck at osrhe.edu
Tue Mar 30 09:24:14 CDT 2010

________________________________

From: Cress, Kim [mailto:kim.cress at OEM.OK.GOV]
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 9:08 AM
To: Mauck, Sheri; sweetwater5000 at aol.com
Cc: Moss, Debra
Subject: FW: Request For Public Assistance (RPA) - FEMA-1876-DR-OK and
FEMA-1883-DR-OK

This is a reminder for the counties, Rural Water Districts, Schools,
Colleges, and any PNP's that you might know about to submit their
Request for Public Assistance for the January Ice Storm.

The counties that were declared are listed below. Some have a deadline
for this Saturday, April 3 and some are due by April 20.

Please make sure that all of your counties have this information if they
are going to participate.

If anyone would like to contact me to fill out a Request for Public
Assistance, please call me.

Thank you,

Kim Cress

Oklahoma Emergency Management/ Public Assistance

405-521-3112

1.  FEMA-1876-DR-OK:

The deadline for submitting RPAs for the 29 counties that were declared
for FEMA-1876-DR-OK on February 25, 2010 is Friday, March 26, 2010.
Those 29 counties include:

Canadian, Cleveland, Comanche, Cotton, Craig, Delaware, Garvin, Grady,

Hughes, Jackson, Jefferson, Kay, Lincoln, Love, McClain, Muskogee,
Noble, Nowata, Okfuskee, Okmulgee, Ottawa, Payne, Pontotoc,
Pottawatomie, Rogers, Sequoyah, Stephens, Tillman, and Tulsa.

The request for 25 add-on counties was approved by FEMA yesterday, March
22, 2010.  The deadline for submitting RPAs for the add-on counties is
Tuesday, April 20, 2010.  Those 25 counties include:

Alfalfa, Beckham, Bryan, Caddo, Carter, Cherokee, Creek, Dewey, Greer,
Harmon, Haskell, Kiowa, LeFlore, Logan, Mayes, McCurtain, McIntosh,
Osage, Pawnee, Pittsburg, Roger Mills, Seminole, Wagoner, Washington,
and Washita.

2.  FEMA-1883-DR-OK:

The deadline for submitting RPAs for the 25 counties that were declared
for FEMA-1883-DR-OK on March 5, 2010 is Saturday, April 3, 2010.  Those
25 counties include:

Alfalfa, Caddo, Cleveland, Comanche, Cotton, Delaware, Dewey, Ellis,
Grady, Greer, Harmon, Haskell, Hughes, Jackson, Kiowa, LeFlore, McClain,
Muskogee, Okmulgee, Pontotoc, Pottawatomie, Roger Mills, Seminole,
Stephens, and Washita.

The request for 24 add-on counties was approved by FEMA yesterday, March
22, 2010.  The deadline for submitting RPAs for the add-on counties is
Tuesday, April 20, 2010.  Those 24 counties include:

Beaver, Beckham, Blaine, Canadian, Cherokee, Craig, Creek, Custer,
Garvin, Grant, Lincoln, Logan, Major, Mayes, Murray, Nowata, Okfuskee,
Ottawa, Pawnee, Rogers, Sequoyah, Texas, Wagoner and Washington.

3.  On March 1, 2010 I personally sent a message to the OK Department of
Education about the applicant briefings that were scheduled that week.
Unfortunately, it appears that DOE did not forward our e-mail to the
school districts until about March 17, 2010 - this is per at least three
separate school officials; and, we just found about this late Friday
afternoon, 19 Mar 10.  Therefore, please take some time to notify
respective EMs that they need to contact school officials in their
jurisdictions to submit an RPA is needed by the above deadlines for both
disasters.

4.  In accordance with our ongoing coordination we have received many of
the RPAs for the original counties for both declarations as well as from
the add-on counties for both declarations.  In order to assist local
leaders it is in the best interest to get all of the outstanding RPAs to
the Joint Field Office as soon as possible.

5.  If a jurisdiction in a declared county - to include the county -
does not want to participate in the FEMA Public Assistance reimbursement
program, we will need a signed copy of a Letter of Declination from that
jurisdiction.  Area Coordinators are requested to assist with this
process, to include batching the letters of declination by county and
jurisdiction and then providing those letters to the State PA Section at
the JFO.

Thank you for your assistance.  Please contact me or Kathleen
Shingledecker if you have any questions or need additional information.

FRED W. LIEBE

Deputy Director

Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management

P.O. Box 53365

Oklahoma City, OK 73152

Phone:  (405) 521-2481

FAX:    (405) 521-4053