[Cobo] Stimulus Funds?

Melissa McMahon melissa.mcmahon at newmoodle.wosc.edu
Tue Mar 31 12:04:50 CDT 2020

The use of those funds:
Institutions must use 50 percent of their allotment for direct emergency
aid to students, including but not limited to “grants to students for food,
housing, course materials, technology, health care, and childcare.”
Institutions have fairly broad discretion in how they use remaining funds.
The legislation states that funds can be used to “defray expenses for
institutions of higher education,” which can include supplementing lost
revenue, and technology costs associated with a transition to distance
education. Funds may not be used for endowments, athletic or religious
facilities, or enrollment recruitment contractors. The legislation also
requires that institutions that receive the funding must retain their
current employees to the “maximum extent practicable."

[image: Western Oklahoma State College Logo] <https://www.wosc.edu/>Melissa
McMahon, M.S.
Vice President for Business Affairs
Western Oklahoma State College <https://www.wosc.edu/>
2801 N. Main St.  *|*  Altus, OK 73521
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/Western+Oklahoma+State+College+Main+Building,+Altus,+OK+73521/@34.6694147,-99.3372287,18.87z/data=!3m1!5s0x87ab653a7bb9cc6f:0xd1063be3c99517db!4m5!3m4!1s0x87ab653a7bbd0569:0xc65b112658cc9ef!8m2!3d34.6689441!4d-99.336963>
(580) 477-7725  *|*  Office: A6
[image: wosc facebook] <https://www.wosc.edu/facebook> [image: wosc
instagram] <https://www.wosc.edu/instagram> [image: wosc twitter]
<https://www.wosc.edu/twitter> [image: wosc snapchat]
<https://snapchat.com/add/woscevents>

The mission of Western Oklahoma State College is to provide high quality
education, support student success, and empower individuals to become
productive members of local, regional, and global communities.