[Cobo] FW: 2021 Virtual Higher Education Day Cancelled - Inclement Weather

Mauck, Sheri smauck at osrhe.edu
Mon Feb 15 14:48:26 CST 2021

From: Johnson, Dr. Glen
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2021 2:39 PM
To: Presidents <pres at osrhe.edu>
Subject: 2021 Virtual Higher Education Day Cancelled - Inclement Weather

OKLAHOMA STATE REGENTS FOR HIGHER EDUCATION

Memo

To:                  Presidents
Cc:                  State Regents
                        Higher Education Network
                        Virtual Higher Education Day Campus Contacts
From:             Chancellor Glen D. Johnson
Date:               Monday, February 15, 2021

As you know, 2021 Virtual Higher education Day at the State Capitol is scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday, February 16.

We have been advised that the Oklahoma State Senate has announced that Senate offices will be closed tomorrow (Tuesday, February 16) due to inclement weather. We have not received notification yet from the Oklahoma House of Representatives regarding an official closure for House offices on Tuesday, February 16.

Additionally, we have been informed that rolling power outages are being implemented across the state to conserve power in response to increased energy consumption resulting from the current winter storm affecting Oklahoma.

Accordingly, after discussions with Council of Presidents Chair John McArthur, the decision has been made to cancel the 2021 Virtual Higher Education Day at the State Capitol scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday, February 16.

We will reschedule 2021 Virtual Higher Education Day at the State Capitol for a later date during the legislative session after discussions with the Council of Presidents.

While we have sent notification to House and Senate members regarding the cancellation of 2021 Virtual Higher Education Day at the State Capitol events and activities, please make sure to follow-up individually with any legislators with whom you had scheduled meetings as part of 2021 Virtual Higher Education Day at the State Capitol to ensure that they are aware of the cancellation.

If you have any questions regarding the cancellation of 2021 Virtual Higher Education Day at the State Capitol, please contact LeeAnna McNally, Vice Chancellor for Governmental Relations, at lmcnally at osrhe.edu<mailto:lmcnally at osrhe.edu> or 405.301.0032.

Thanks.

Glen

Glen D. Johnson
Chancellor
655 Research Parkway, Suite 200
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104
405.225.9122
gjohnson at osrhe.edu<mailto:gjohnson at osrhe.edu>
follow us on Twitter @okhighered

[cid:image005.jpg at 01D703A8.5B2C54E0]      [cid:image006.png at 01D703A8.5B2C54E0]