[Cobo] COBO Follow Up

Mauck, Sheri smauck at osrhe.edu
Thu Feb 22 10:42:37 CST 2024

GEER II Funding -

This is the message sent to your Presidents in mid-January......

We are in ongoing discussions with Secretary Laws and Secretary Suter regarding the potential availability of GEER funding for higher education in the amount of $11.3 million. These funds would need to be obligated by September 30, 2024 and expended no later than January 28, 2025.

While an agreement for these funds has not yet been finalized, we wanted to share the attached proposal with you for review. Funding would be targeted for four main purposes:

  *   Micro-credentials for alternatively and emergency certified teachers,
  *   Accelerated teacher education programs,
  *   Financial support for students participating in the Scholars Excellence in Child Care program, and
  *   Adult degree completion.

In light of the contents of the proposal and the quick turnaround to spend these funds, you may want to share this information with appropriate staff to begin the planning process.  We will provide additional information as it becomes available.