[Coil-l] COIL Website

Jones, Elizabeth ejones at okcu.edu
Thu Jan 12 19:59:09 CST 2012

Paul,
Sorry for the late reply and I'm not sure if this is exactly the sort of feedback you were looking for, but here is my 2 cents.

1.        On the welcome page I would definitely find pictures that are relevant to coil.  Either go to the old coil page and steal them or ask Jason D. for all the old backups from the old page.

2.       The text is pretty much the same on the welcome and about us.  Find some history about the group for the about us and on the welcome do a blurb about us being in the process of planning our next Workshop which will happen this summer and check back frequently for updates.  The Welcome page may also be where you want icons/links for our facebook page, blog, list serv, and grou.ps page.  In addition before you list these you may want another paragraph blurb about joining coil and how to go about that blah blah, keeping in touch and then list either icons or links for the sites I just mentioned.  Oh I just noticed FB and blog links on right.  :)  Should add the other two.

3.       On the workshops page it would be nice to have a couple of pictures from previous workshops with a set of links to dates and then click on those dates to find out more information about the topics of those workshops and presenters.  If we kept links or files from presentations then we should put their presentations up there, but if we didn't then we should just put up the old schedule that listed the presenters and their topic and not our summary of how well the conference went.  That would have been a better blog post and people could read that on the blog.  Being able to browse topics and presenters gives people a better idea of who we are and whether or not they want to keep checking back for future workshops to attend.

4.       I know you may not be able to, but it would be nice to change that up arrow to the work home.  A work around might be to find where that image is stored and replace it with an image of the word home.

5.       On the officers page I would list their email address instead of having their names linked.  The reason is that not everyone has outlook setup on their home computers so a link will not work and it is nice to be able to highlight and copy and email address.  The link still works and there are ways to get it so this may just be a personal preference of mine.
Great job Paul!!!!

Elizabeth (Beth) Jones, MLIS
Serials/Gov Docs/Systems Librarian
Oklahoma City University