[Coil-l] unCOILed Call for Proposals

Sarah Whittle burkhead at nsuok.edu
Tue May 3 14:40:30 CDT 2016

The Community Of Oklahoma Instruction Librarians seek presentation
proposals for our annual meeting to be held on Friday, July 15th 8:30am-3pm
at the Oklahoma State University Edmon Low Library.

The Framework for Information Literacy underscores the need for librarians
to think beyond information literacy and consider other types of literacies
(e.g. language, information, visual, data) and the coexistence of
literacies in print and via technology necessitates new ways of teaching
and learning.

Much as the work of Howard Gardner encourages a focus on different types of
intelligences, we need to be attuned to different literacies that emerge as
students become information creators, not simply consumers.  We encourage
all types of proposals, but especially those that focus on applications and
connections with:

   1.

   Visual literacy
   2.

   Data literacy
   3.

   Language literacy
   4.

   Digital literacy
   5.

   Integrating technology into instruction

Proposal Format: Proposals are due by Tuesday, May 31st 2016, and should
include the following elements (please fill out the form via the link
below):

   -

   Title
   -

   Brief Description (100 words)
   -

      2-3 learning objectives: What will participants gain after this
      session?
      -

   Strategies to actively engage attendees
   -

   Presenter bio

Submission form:

https://docs.google.com/a/nsuok.edu/forms/d/1J526eqGR13ubYkvyJCqe-nWz2jBEo_Kuv5BbYf7Dy28/viewform

--
Sarah Burkhead Whittle
Instructor of Library Services ~ Resource Coordinator, College of Education
burkhead at nsuok.edu
Blackboard IM: sburkhead