[Coil-l] COIL Meeting on Friday, March 24th

Ippoliti, Cinthya cinthya.ippoliti at okstate.edu
Fri Mar 17 05:40:46 CDT 2017

Hi everyone,

Here are the meeting details for Friday, March 24th:

1.       Lunch at Kilkenny’s<http://tulsairishpub.com/menu.php> at 11am-if you could please let me know if you are planning on lunch, I will reserve a table for us

2.       Meeting at OSU-Tulsa at 12:30-2pm (thank you Dona, Tom, and Emrys!) It’s Group Study Room #5 in the Library. When you enter the Library, you’ll see the Reference Desk straight ahead. Take a left in front of the Reference Desk and the room is the last door on the right side. Campus Map: https://www.osu-tulsa.okstate.edu/news/campusmap.php . The closest lot to park in is Lot C, although Lot A is also very close. They are in Main Hall, 1st floor, Southeast side (by the duck pond).

3.   Discussion questions: We will be discussing the articles found here http://critlib.org/recommended-readings/, as well as strategies for teaching integrated discovery systems, and here are some initial questions to consider (Matt and I will prepare additional questions):

  *   How do you challenge “business as usual” while maintaining the core functions of the library?
  *   What challenges or obstacles do you encounter in using critical reflection in practice? How do you overcome them?
  *   Does reflection propel you to shift your thinking, to take action? By itself, or combined with other input? If not, what does?

See you next week!

Cinthya