[Coil-l] COIL Meeting notes and save the date April 28th

Ippoliti, Cinthya cinthya.ippoliti at okstate.edu
Mon Mar 27 10:26:16 CDT 2017

Hello everyone,

At Friday’s virtual meeting we discussed how we can begin to familiarize ourselves with the concept of critical literacy and pedagogy. We realized that this is still a very new topic so we did not get into too much detail beyond trying to identify some resources for us to consult. I am attaching pictures of several book titles that are worth noting, as well as a compilation of several libguides and resources from other institutions.

Our next meeting is on Friday, April 28th and I will send out a meeting reminder with additional details as we get closer to that time, so please save the date! Our plan is to discuss what critical literacy and pedagogy are during that meeting in preparation for the annual conference.

We are hoping to invite another outside speaker this year and have the conference organized more like a series of workshops where we can explore these issues in greater detail and gather practical ideas for how to approach them in the classroom. Dates and details will follow soon. Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime. Thank you!

Cinthya