[Eoscstudents] Menu for Friday April 28

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri Apr 28 09:53:52 CDT 2006

Hi folks,

You know you live in the country when you have to duck a low-flying
whippoorwill going to your car in the morning, don't you?  And you know
you're getting up way too early when even the birds think it's still
nighttime!

Talk about ironic, I went to our PAWS meeting, where we talk about
spaying and neutering quite a bit, and came home to find I had 6 new
baby kittens. Two little gray ones from a solid gray mother, and 2 gray
and 2 yellow from a gray and yellow spotted mother.  But that's okay.
We love them.   They're so cute and tiny!  With both batches born on the
same day, I'd say there was one busy tomcat around somewhere.  I didn't
even know we had a tomcat on the hill!  He must be pretty sneaky as well
as busy.  And we have one little dog, Ginger, who's part dachsund, and
part chihuahua, that is going crazy.  She loves kittens!  I swear if she
ever gave birth, she would have kittens.  She wouldn't know what to do
with puppies, but she wants to mother every kitten she's ever seen!
It's a good thing our mama cats were taken care of by her when they were
little.  They'll know what to expect: an automatic babysitter.  What a
deal!

Lucy Kidd tells me that this is her last day to work here.  She is
quitting to go motorcycling around with her husband Billy the Kidd.  The
wind in your hair and the bugs in your teeth, can you beat it?

I also want to thank my boss, Novella Ballew and her assistant, Mildred
Whisenhunt, for the lovely flowers and gift they got me for secretary's
day this week.  They are great people to work for and with and I've
enjoyed every minute of it so far, and am looking forward to many more
years here.  If I can equal Donna Hiatt's record of staying in this job
for 25 years, that'll be doing something.

Our menu for today includes:

          Meat loaf
          Mashed potatoes and gravy
          White rice
          Corn
          Peas
          Carrots

Our fast food is Hot Ham and Cheese on a bun, with chips.

And for dessert we have a luscious Frosted Chocolate Brownie.

Have a great weekend and don't forget to go see the Wizard of Oz this
evening or tomorrow evening at 7:30.