[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. Aug. 29

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Aug 29 09:55:06 CDT 2006

Hi folks,

Isn't this weather wonderful?  It's just what the doctor ordered!  We've
even gotten some much-needed rain.  I hope it was in time to save some
of my neglected plants.  It looks like it has begun to refill the little
beaver pond down the hill, which had gotten really low, stagnant and
nasty, so much so that I don't even think the beavers had been getting
out in it lately.   Our ducks that were down there didn't make it
through the summer.   The daddy duck disappeared quite a while back, and
the little female got on the road and got run over later.    It seems
kind of barren down there without the ducks, and with the beavers
staying hidden.  Maybe this cooler weather and a little rain will bring
life back to it.

Today is the one year anniversary of the devastation that was Hurricane
Katrina.  I've never been to New Orleans, and am not that familiar with
it, but Saturday at the Midnite Riters book signing, they had the room
decorated in a French Quarter New Orleans theme, and it really made you
appreciate the uniqueness of the place.  Now I can begin to understand
why the people would want to reclaim it from the sea, as impossible as
that sounds.

Remember, today and tomorrow up to 1:15 are the last days to register to
win the Dr. Pepper bike and helmet here in the Cafeteria.  Come in an
register if you haven't done so yet.

Our menu for today includes:

          Chicken Parmesan with marinara sauce and fresh grated parmesan
cheese
          Florentine rice
          Baby whole carrots
          Peas
          Scalloped potatoes
          Pasta bar
          Rolls

Our fast food is Corn Dogs and French Fries.

And for dessert have a  piece of wonderful Blackberry Cobbler.  Add some
ice cream on top for an excellent ending to your meal.