[Eoscstudents] Menu for TGI Fri. Dec. 1

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri Dec 1 09:37:10 CST 2006

TGIF!

According to the thermometer it's 20 degrees outside, and I can
guarantee you it was very slick going home yesterday evening.  I thought
the little "no traction" symbol that lights up on my dash when things
get slippery would burn out before I got home.   You really have to go
slow so you don't have to hit the brakes, because that's when you'll get
to see places you never meant to up close and personal, like the ditch
on the other side of the road, or the emergency room, or maybe even what
the world looks like upside down dangling from your seatbelt.

Even though there are no classes today and the faculty gets to stay
home, and the kids get a free day to sleep in or play in the snow or
whatever, the Cafeteria crew was here dark and early as usual.  The show
must go on, and folks must be fed.  Not surprisingly, the breakfast
numbers were way down.  (We'd've all slept in too if we could have.)  As
near as I can tell at this point, even the Regent's meeting is still on
for today.  I don't know where they all have to come in from, but I hope
it's not as bad as it sounds like on the TV weather reports.

I'm assuming that Candlelighting is still on for this Sunday.  I haven't
heard anything to the contrary, anway.

We actually had to cancel our PAWS meeting last night.  I think that's a
first.  We're a pretty determined little group, all in all, but there's
no need to risk life and limb when we could just pick a better day and
all live to tell about it.

Our menu for today includes:

            Meatloaf

Our fast food is Hot Ham and Cheese on a bun with chips.

And for dessert have a piece of Yellow Cake with Chocolate Frosting.

Slide on over and eat with us,

Rhoda    ;-)