[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. Feb. 15

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Feb 15 09:58:12 CST 2006

Hi folks,

Boy, it was warm in the Cafeteria this morning.  We had to open the
windows and doors to keep from having a heat stroke, (in February, no
less!)  It should be cooled off pretty well by lunch though.

If you didn't attend the Storytelling Circle last night at the Gallery,
you missed some good stories.  Not only did Tim Tingle tell some
stories, but several other people got up to share stories of their own,
including our own Ruth Brelsford and Phillip Mauney.  Tim will be
teaching a storytelling workshop on campus today at 4:00 pm and tomorrow
he will be giving a public performance at 7:00 in the auditorium.  Be
sure and try to attend if there's any way possible.  He is able to be
here thanks to a grant obtained by Marcia Davis, the grade school music
teacher, and we need to support things like this.  I'd like to see us
have more special events like this in the community, but we have to show
our support for that to happen.   It was also decided to organize a
monthly storytelling group and Ruth Brelsford, bless her heart, was
elected the first president.  This group will meet on the first Monday
of every month, with the first meeting falling on March 6.  Anyone who
has stories to tell, or just enjoys listening to a good story is invited
to attend.

Our menu for today includes:

         Smoked pork chops
          Mashed potatoes and gravy
          Corn on the cob
          Okra
          Sweet peas
          Pasta bar
          Rolls

Our fast food is Pizza.

And for dessert you can have Cheesecake if you beat me to it.

Have a great day,

Rhoda   ;-)