[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mountaineer Mardi Gras Monday

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Feb 27 10:12:55 CST 2006

Happy Mountaineer Monday everybody!

Sorry  I didn't get a menu out Friday, but I took a day off to get ready
for a Girl Scout overnighter with my daughter, and now that I'm back I
can see decorations up everywhere in the Cafeteria for Mountaineer
Monday and Mardi Gras.   The Girl Scout thing was fun.   A couple of our
international students were even involved with it since the idea behind
this event each year is to learn about different countries, so Hiroko
and Yuri, a couple of our Japanese girls, were there helping to make
sushi and even play the piano.    (Yes, I actually ate a bite of sushi,
something I never really thought I'd do.  I guess I'm one of those
people they're referring to when they say that here in Oklahoma most of
us call bits of raw fish,  bait.  Surprisingly, it didn't taste "fishy"
like I thought it would.  It is wrapped in seaweed which is kind of
rubbery, but hey, we got used to gummy worms, didn't we?)

It looks like there might be a lot going on on campus today.
Unfortunately,  I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon, so I will
have to miss most of it.  If I had known about this beforehand, I might
have had to reschedule so I'd get to be here for my first Mountaineer
Monday.

Our menu for Mountain Mardi Gras Monday includes:

         Spaghetti
          Bread sticks

Our fast food is:

          Chili dogs
          French fries

And for dessert we have a couple of special Mountaineer Mardi Gras Cakes.

Come on over and celebrate with us,

Rhoda  ;-)