[Eoscstudents] Wear Red Day

Mary Edith Butler mebutler at eosc.edu
Mon Jan 30 08:38:52 CST 2006

On this Friday, Feb. 3, Eastern will join others across the nation in
Wear Red Day activities to raise awareness of heart disease.  The
Library Media Center staff is sponsoring the activities, and we are
asking everyone to wear something red on Friday.  We will have a table
in the Student Center from 11 to 1 with free information on heart
disease.  We will also accept donations for the American Heart
Association--the Tulsa branch, which serves our area, will receive the
money.  Anyone who donates $3 or more will have their name put in the
drawing for several neat door prizes.  If you donate $5 or more, you
will be entered in the door prize drawings AND receive a "wear red" pin
(If you have a pin from last year, feel free to wear it) .
     Novella and the cafeteria staff have planned a  lunch that is
particularly "heart healthy," featuring  baked chicken, baked fish,
steamed broccoli, beans, potatoes, salad, and angel food cake.
     Heart disease is the #1 killer of women over age 25!  Sixty-five
percent of the women who die suddenly of heart disease had no previous
symptoms.  We need to pay attention to this issue!  You can find more
facts at www.americanheart.org.  Thanks!  M.E. Butler