[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. June 7

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Jun 7 10:17:06 CDT 2006

Hi folks,

Well, I guess we all survived 6-6-06 and lived to tell about it.  It
really wasn't a bad day altogether.  The weather was nice, and we had a
good time at our storytelling group meeting last night.

It kind of made me think about how much we take for granted nowadays
when I went down the hill to go to the meeting last night and looked
over toward the beaver pond and saw a big heron standing there, stock
still waiting for dinner to come by, and when I came back about an hour
and a half later, that same bird was still standing there in that same
spot still waiting on dinner to come by.   Thank God for good old
unhealthy but convenient fast food!  If I had to stand in one spot
waiting for dinner for an hour and a half, I wouldn't be fit to be
around.  I'd be biting whatever got close enough!

Our menu for today (and you don't have to stand around for an hour and a
half to get it) includes:

          Roast beef
          Pinto beans
          Turnip greens
          Okra
          Pasta bar
          Rolls
          Corn bread

Our fast food is Pizza.   We're getting Gena Barker, our new worker,
broken in on this.

And for dessert have some German Chocolate Cake.