[Eoscstudents] Menu for a Snowy Day, Thurs. March 23

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Mar 23 09:06:46 CST 2006

Hi everyone,

On my way home yesterday I saw a long line of geese winging their way
north over Hwy. 2 South.  I wished I could've been standing outside and
been able to hear them as they passed.  Every time I see or hear geese
flying over, it seems to be much more an indicator of the seasons than
the calendar or the weather report on TV.
This is the REAL world.  I hope they made it somewhere safe before the
sleet started yesterday evening.  That didn't last too long, but I was
totally surprised this morning when I got up and turned on the TV and
heard them reporting snow for much of the area.  I hadn't even looked
outside yet, as it was still dark, so I turned on the outside light and
opened the door to see snowflakes whirling around.  By the time I went
out to the car, it was covered in sticky white flakes, so I turned on
the back and front wipers, and got out to scoot the wet snow off the
side windows.  By the time I got that done, I was white all over!
Looking out right now, it looks like the snow has stopped and isn't
sticking anywhere except on the tops of cars and things.  I didn't
figure it would stay around too long.  Those geese told me they're
expecting spring any day now, and I'm ready.

Our menu for today includes:

       Spaghetti
       Steamed red potatoes
        Sliced carrots
        Garlic bread

Our fast food is Hamburgers and French Fries.

And for dessert we have German Chocolate Cake.

Come on over and see us,