[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. Nov. 8

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Nov 8 09:51:12 CST 2006

Hi folks,

I think our weather has had a flashback.  It feels two or three months
warmer than November to me.  And it's still supposed to be warm
tomorrow.  After that, though, it's supposed to chill down about twenty
degrees or so for several days.  Back to more like normal for this time
of year.  The weather men are already tearing into persimmon seeds to
see if we're having a cold winter, a wet winter or a dry winter,
depending on whether the inside of the seed looks like a knife, fork or
spoon.
I haven't looked into any of those, but I do remember seeing squirrels
gathering nuts like crazy several weeks ago, as if in preparation for a
long, cold winter.  We'll just have to wait and see what we get.
Surprisingly, I haven't heard any geese going over yet.  My husband said
he did a few days ago when he got up at some awful hour to go to work.
Maybe when these two warm days are over and the cooler front starts
coming through, they'll get the hint.

Well, the elections are over, so the mud-slinging can cease, along with
the recorded messages to "vote for me", and the constant ads on TV.
Some of those politicians never seem to learn to run on their own
merits, not on the worst thing they can think of to say about their
opponent.  It's hard for me to root for someone who acts so mean
spirited to others.  I hope you all voted yesterday, especially those of
you newly registed through the recent voter registration drive.  They
say if you don't vote, you can't gripe about the way things are run, but
we know that's not true.  I think there's an amendment covering "Freedom
to Gripe", (probably one of the most used amendments of all).

Our menu today includes:

          Fried chicken
          Garden blend rice
          Pinto beans
          Turnip greens
          Hot rolls

Our fast food is Pizza.

And for dessert, yes we have Banana Pudding.

Come on over and dig in,