[Eoscstudents] Menu for Nov. 16, 2006

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Nov 16 10:10:33 CST 2006

Hi folks,

I suppose some of you know that today is our state's 99th birthday, or
anniversary.  On this day next year Oklahoma will be 100 years old!
That sounds like a lot 'til you think that we are actually one of the
youngest states, being the 46th one admitted into our great nation.
(They saved the best for close to last, you know.)  Maybe next year
we'll have our new Student Life and Learning Center under construction.
I believe Eastern itself turns 100 in 2008, so maybe our building will
be done for that, if not for the occasion of our statehood.

It's also Susie Smith's birthday, (the Coffee Shop gal), and she's not
even half that old yet!  Be sure and tell her Happy Birthday today if
you run into her.

It was wonderful to hear that we got a good report from North Central
Accreditation team.  I know there have been a lot of our people putting
in a lot of work toward accomplishing this, and they deserve a lot of
credit for a job well done.  It's encouraging to hear that the students
feel good about us, just as we do about them, and that no matter what
happens to upset the smooth flow of things or throw us off our game, the
students are still taken care of first.  That's what we're all about and
we have a wonderful crew that pays attention to that.  I was happy to
see that when the group was asked, quite a large percentage of our staff
members, myself included,  have been students at this college, so we
bring personal experience with us as to how a lot of issues should best
be dealt with.  We've been there and we care about the kids.
Congratulations to everyone on a favorable reveiw!

Our menu for today includes:

            Grilled chicken patty
            Steamed red potatoes
            Rice
            Steamed cabbage
            Corn
            Sweet peas

Our fast food for the day is a BBQ Sandwich and Potato Chips.

And for dessert we have Peach Cobbler, Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars or
Chocolate Cake.

Come and get it,