[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Nov.30

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Nov 30 10:01:06 CST 2006

Hi folks,

This weather situation is much on everyone's mind today.  I've had the
Weather Program on my computer all morning and been watching where all
the bad weather is located.  It appears that we're right in between the
rain going out and the really cold stuff coming in.  The temperature
started at 34 degrees and stayed there for quite a while, but I see now
that it's dropped to 32, so I guess that means the cold wave is getting
somewhat closer.  On the radar map there's a large mass of cold air with
a light ice mix and snow heading this way.  It appears to be over
McAlester on the map, so it shouldn't be long at all til it gets here
and will drop the temperature even more.  Be sure and drive carefully
when you leave today.  Just because it may not look icy or slick doesn't
mean it isn't.  Remember to bring your pets in or provide them with
adequate shelter to handle the weather.  Just because they have a fur
coat doesn't mean being in the cold and wet weather doesn't bother
them.  Check their water frequently, too, as it will freeze quickly.
And if you're into feeding the birds, this would be a good time to have
your feeders full of sunflower seeds for them.  That's a big favorite of
most kinds of wild birds.

Be sure to turn in your Employee Christmas Dinner invitation by tomorrow
at noon so we can get a firm count on how many to prepare for.  Hard to
believe it's that time already, isn't it?

Any hardy souls who are interested are invited to our PAWS  meeting this
evening at 7:00 at the Public Library.  We all love animals and always
have a great time getting together and sharing stories.

Our menu for today includes:

            Pork loin
            Baked beans

Our fast food is Tacos.

And for dessert we have Luscious Lemon Cake.

Bundle up and come on over,