[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Aug. 30

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Aug 30 10:25:33 CDT 2007

Hi folks,

I've been bummed out ever since I got here and read the email from the
president about us losing the radio station.  I, too, had heard the
rumors, among many others, that the radio station was being sold or
moving away from our area.  I certainly haven't heard of anyone who is
happy about this move.  Dougo, the great music he played, and his
silliness will really be missed.  It always perked up my morning to be
able to come in and hear music from "back when I had a life".   I had
read an interview that said "it wouldn't make any difference where the
station was", but that's simply not true.  It was wonderful to have such
easy access to the station with our announcements,  ball games, local
events, etc.  I definitely want to wish Doug the best and thank him for
all the services he has performed for all of us during his stay here at
Eastern.   We'll surely miss him.

For all you Cappuccino drinkers, there's a new flavor in the Coffee
Shop.  We got in something called Vanilla Mocha Rush the other day.  I
had to try it, of course.  It's kind of chocolately, with a hint of
cinnamon, (maybe that's where the rush comes in).  It may still be too
hot for cappuccino now, but it'll really be good this winter to take the
chill off.

Our menu today includes:

            Turkey and dressing
             Mashed potatoes and gravy
             Candied sweet potatoes
             Green peas

Our fast food is a Deli Selection with chips.

And for dessert, what else, Pumpkin Pie.