[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. Dec. 12

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Dec 12 11:15:28 CST 2007

Hi folks,

Man, I can't believe it's less than 2 weeks til Christmas!  Where did
the time go?  Of course, it would probably seem like it was dragging on
and on if we were like those unfortunate folks up around Tulsa and OKC
who are without electricity, water, heat, etc.   I bet a lot of the same
electric line repairmen who were down in this area, eating here in the
Cafeteria with us last January are right back in Oklahoma now, helping
out with this latest disaster.  Boy, it just seems like one thing after
the other anymore!   Fires, floods, droughts, tornadoes, ice
storms...but you can always count on good people to step in to help.
That's truly something to be thankful for.

The Candyland setup on the lawn was sure cute yesterday.  It's too bad
the weather didn't cooperate, but they were able to shift their
operation into the East Cafeteria without much fuss.  I went over and
looked at the pictures with Santa that they had set out.  I hope that
means all those people were on the "nice" list.  I'd hate for anyone to
get a lump of coal in their stocking come Christmas morning.

Congratulations to Maye Durant for persevering  to reach her goal and
get her test taken come heck or high water, (ice storm, no electricity,
etc.)     Now that's determination...or is it desperation?  At any rate,
it sounds like nothing's going to stop her on her road to success.

Our menu for today includes:

             Tenderized steak
             Mashed potatoes and gravy
             Green peas
             Steamed vegetables
             Yellow squash and zucchini
             Hot rolls

Our fast food is Meat and Cheese Nachos and we have Carrot Cake  for
dessert.