[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. Feb. 6

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Feb 6 10:12:07 CST 2007

Hello everyone,

Well, today is looking like a beautiful day outside, so get out and
enjoy it if you get the chance.  No, I don't mean you should skip
class.  Sorry.  Just be sure and try to get out and take a nice walk or
run for you more energetic types after class.

We went to McAlester this past Saturday afternoon late and you could
tell on the way up that there was progressively more damage to the trees
as you got closer to McAlester.  Thank goodness, it got dark and I
didn't have to see too much of it.  It's sad to think that beautiful
trees that took decades to grow, were demolished in just a few hours,
and even sadder to think how long it will be before what's left can grow
back to a comparable size.  And that's providing we don't get any more
"ice events" like this one.  We need to plant a tree every chance we get
to make up for all the beautiful ones we have lost that provided
wonderful shade, animal habitats, and necessary oxygen for our atmosphere.

Our menu for today includes:

          Smoked pork chops
          Cheesy potatoes
          Gravy
          Black eye peas
          Brussel sprouts
          Rice
          Pasta bar
          Garlic bread
          Hot rolls

Our fast food is Cheeseburgers and French Fries.

And for dessert try a piece of Cookie Bar.

Come on over,