[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. Feb. 21

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Feb 21 09:46:59 CST 2007

Hello out there on this beautiful day,

To most of us, it's hard to imagine someone feeling so overwhelmed by
the circumstances of life that you would not want to live any longer,
but this does happen.   I encourage all of you who can to attend the
Suicide Prevention Seminar in Mitchell Auditorium at 10:00 to learn what
you can about how to deal with these feelings, or how to help someone
else deal with these feelings.  Many of you out there are teenagers and
it seems like everything is of major importance at that age.  If the
right guy or girl doesn't like you, it's the end of the world.   If the
right people don't hang out with you, it's the end of the world.  If you
don't have the right clothes, the right car, even the right cell phone
or an Ipod, it's the end of the world.  Many of you are constantly
worrying about what others think of you.  (Confidentially, being grown
up is so much nicer.  We do have our own set of problems, but constantly
worrying about what others think is not usually part of the equation.)
This presentation should give you some good coping skills to deal with
these problems and feelings and would be a good way to invest an hour.

Our menu for today includes:

          Sweet and sour chicken
          Rice
          Macaroni and cheese
          Mashed potatoes and gravy
          Black eye peas
          Turnip greens
          Corn on the cob
          Cornbread
          Hot rolls

Our fast food is PIZZA.

And for dessert have a piece of Apple Cobbler.  Don't forget you can top
it off with some ice cream for an extra treat.