[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. Jan. 8

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Jan 8 10:19:59 CST 2007

Welcome back everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful break and are glad to be back this
morning.  Some of us were back last week for several days, and the
faculty was back last Friday to have their conference and get back in
the groove.  Today the students get to start back in again, and you
could really tell from the parking lots that there were plenty of folks
back on campus.  This break was a  momentous one as far as historical
occurences, what with the death of a president and the execution of a
dictator.   Closer to home, the Eastern family will be missing our
foundation director, Maynard Phillips, thankfully not due to death, but
rather a career change for him.  I believe he had quite a drive to get
here each day so maybe he will be doing something closer to home
allowing him more free time with his family.  Also missed will be the
several fellows who timed their retirement with the Christmas break.  I
don't know who all the replacements are for them, but I know Johnny
Sivic who is our new carpenter, and a really nice fellow, so be sure to
make him welcome when you see him.  At present he is up in the Coffee
Shop, or what used to be part of the Coffee Shop, working on the new
office for the architects to use while we have the new construction
going on.  Maybe this means it won't be too long before we start seeing
the project getting underway.

FYI:  The Coffee Shop will be closed today due to illness.

Our menu for today includes:

            Spaghetti with meat sauce
            Italian veggies
            Sweet peas
            Whole little potatoes
            Garden blend rice
            Okra
            Baked potato bar
            Hot garlic rolls

Our fast food today is a Sandwich Bar with chips.

And for dessert we have Yellow Cake with Chocolate Frosting.

Have a great week,